【Course D】 Tsuboya Pottery Street
The Ryukyu Kingdom had developed its original culture through trade and exchange with neighboring countries including Japan, China, Korea and other Southeast Asian countries. “Tsuboya pottery” is one of the cultural developments flourished with the influence of the foreign cultures. This tour introduces you to the history of Tsuboya pottery, as well as the traditional backstreets. Also during the tour, we will enjoy a unique local specialty tea with fluffy foam, called "Buku buku cha". *Up to 6participants per guide. Tour Day and Time: Every Thursday and Sunday, starts at 2：30PM
Days of Week
Adult (ages 12+)
Child (ages 5-11)
Infant (ages 4 & under)
Group Discount! Up to JPY 1,000 OFF for 4 or more guests!
Participation Date: Feb 11, 2023 ~ Mar 31, 2024
Booked Date: Jan 14, 2023 ~ Mar 30, 2024
Adult (ages 12+)
JPY 1,000 OFF
Child (ages 5-11)
JPY 500 OFF
Explore the history of "Tsuboya pottery" known as "Yachimun"
Meet various pottery, from traditional to contemporary
Stroll the neighborhood with the vestiges of old days
Pickup / Checkin
On the day of the tour
Come to the meeting point 10 minutes ahead of the tour starting time
Enjoy walking tour with your guide
Stroll Tsuboya "Yachimun-dori" Street
View pottery studios and old kilns, and take a leisurely stroll through the streets that retain the vestiges of good old Okinawa
Enjoy "Buku buku cha" foam tea
Taste the local specialty tea with fluffy foam like the clouds in the sky
The tour finishes at Tsuboya "Yachimun-dori" Street
After the tour, the guide will lead you to the Yachimun-dori Street. Feel free to drop in at any pottery shops you love to see.
Checkin Times / Locations
Meet your guide 10 minutes ahead of the tour starting time. The guide will be holding a flag that says "Naha Walking Tours".
Add-ons / Transportation
If you join the tour alone, an additional JPY 5,500 will be charged.[Description]For 1 person's reservation, please select this option.[Price]
Adult (ages 12+)JPY 5,500
- Traditional foam tea with snack, guide fee, insurance
What's Not Included
- Transportation, parking fee
- No food / drinks will be served to young children of ４ years old and under.
- 【For customers with food allergies】 Tea: Green tea, brown rice, white rice, hard water Snacks: ①Chinsukō cookie (lard, flour, sugar, baking powder) ②Kunpen (peanut butter, flour, egg, sugar, honey, sesame seeds, baking powder)
- An additional JPY 5,500 will be charged if you join the tour alone.
What to Bring
- Please wear shoes and clothes suitable for walking.
- Please bring your own beverage and a sun-shading hat or cap to avoid heat stroke. A towel and rain gear are also recommended.
- Reservation accepted 30 days before the tour date. (Until 12PM 3days before)
- We will start the tour on time. So please arrive at meeting place 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
- Up to 6 participants per guide.
- There are stairs and slopes along the course.
- Video recording is not allowed during the tour. Taking pictures of Okinawan landscape, streets, buildings, plants and such, is possible. However, please be careful not to include other guests in your photos without their permission.
- The tour is subject to be changed or cancelled due to bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- If you need to cancel, please send us an e-mail with your reservation number and name. Our e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that if you cancel on our regular day-off (Tuesday or Wednesday), your cancel request will be processed the next business day.)
- If the confirmation mail doesn't reach to you, please contact us at email@example.com
6 days before to 17:30
2 days before to 17:30
1 day before to 17:30
After 17:30, 1 day before