【Course B】Shurijo Castle Park
Did you know that Okinawa used to be an independent state called the Ryukyu Kingdom? In this tour, you will explore Shurijo Castle, which was the symbol of prosperity as a heart of politics, culture, economy, diplomacy, and religion, throughout the era of the Ryukyu Kingdom. In the tour, you can also enjoy traditional Ryukyu sweets, that have been passed down from the dynasty era, with a cup of Sanpin tea, popularly known as Jasmine tea. *The Main Hall of Shurijo Castle is now under reconstruction due to burning down in a 2019 fire. You can see some reconstruction process; however, depending on the progress of work, the tour route is subject to change. *Up to 6participants per guide. Tour Day and Time: Every Mon, Thu, Fri, Sat, and Sun, starts at 2:30PM
Days of Week
Adult (ages 12+)
Child (ages 5-11)
Infant (ages 4 & under)
Group Discount! Up to JPY 1,000 OFF for 4 or more guests!
Participation Date: Feb 11, 2023 ~ Mar 31, 2024
Booked Date: Jan 14, 2023 ~ Mar 30, 2024
Adult (ages 12+)
JPY 1,000 OFF
Child (ages 5-11)
JPY 500 OFF
2 monuments of the World Heritage Site
Masonry walls and gates, coming down from the era of the Ryukyu Kingdom
Magnificent view of the castle walls, the cityscape, the ocean, and more
Pickup / Checkin
On the day of the tour
Come to the meeting point 10 minutes ahead of the tour starting time
Enjoy walking tour with your guide
Visit paid area
See reconstruction process of the Main Hall, lost in the 2019 fire
Enjoy traditional Ryukyu sweets
The tour finishes at the square near the Suimui-kan rest center
Feel free to ask your guide whatever you wonder during the tour!
Checkin Times / Locations
Meet your guide 10 minutes ahead of the tour starting time. The guide will be holding a flag that says "Naha Walking Tours".
Add-ons / Transportation
If you join the tour alone, an additional JPY 5,500 will be charged.[Description]For 1 person's reservation, please select this option.[Price]
Adult (ages 12+)JPY 5,500
- Admission fee at Shurijo Castle Park, tea service with traditional sweets, guide fee, insurance
What's Not Included
- Transportation, parking fee
- No food / drinks will be served to young children of ４ years old and under.
- 【For customers with food allergies】 Tea time service contains the following: Beverage: Jasmine tea Snacks: ①Chinsukō cookie (lard, flour, sugar, baking powder) ②Hana-bōru (flour, egg, sugar, baking powder) ③Tōgan-zuke (winter gourd, sugar) ④Kunpen (peanut butter, flour, egg, sugar, honey, sesame seeds, baking powder)
- An additional JPY 5,500 will be charged if you join the tour alone.
What to Bring
- Please wear shoes and clothes suitable for walking.
- Please bring your own beverage and a sun-shading hat or cap to avoid heat stroke. A towel and rain gear are also recommended.
- Reservation accepted 30 days before the tour date. (Until 12PM the day before)
- We will start the tour on time. So please arrive at meeting place 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
- Up to 6 participants per guide.
- There are stairs and slopes along the course.
- Video recording is not allowed during the tour. Taking pictures of Okinawan landscape, streets, buildings, plants and such, is possible. However, please be careful not to include other guests in your photos without their permission.
- The tour is subject to be changed or cancelled depending on weather condition or other unforeseen events.
- If you need to cancel, please send us an e-mail with your reservation number and name. Our e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that if you cancel on our regular day-off (Tuesday or Wednesday), your cancel request will be processed the next business day.)
- If the confirmation mail doesn't reach to you, please contact us at email@example.com
6 days before to 17:30
2 days before to 17:30
1 day before to 17:30
After 17:30, 1 day before